segunda-feira, 27 de abril de 2009

Windows Vista - Error 0x80072f8f

A few days ago a friend asked me to find out why IE was not loading gmail web page (IE could not found this page!). My first thought was:
"I'm almost sure it is being blocked either by IE filter or some kind of anti-virus program".
Unfortunately it was not the problem, although quite simple to solve, to discover the cause was not so simple.
Since with Firefox I had no problem accessing it, I assumed it had to be related with some IE configuration...
After some search i found that it had to do with the system date. Not only did it affected web pages that required certificates but also some other windows features like, windows defender update and date synchronize. It took me a while to figure it out since the problem was with the month, not the hour or the year, and it took me 3 checks before I noticed that ^_^

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário